Notices

Agenda Open Meeting 8 May 2017

     1.    Apologies for absence

2.    Minutes of meeting held on 7th March 2017
3.    Matters arising from the meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
4.    Chairman’s Report (CB) Local Plan outlook; BLeAF and MV meeting reports; Newsletter progress; new Website status; new membership drive ideas; reaction to CB letter to Advertiser re parking in the High Street
5.    Reports from Committees
a.    Planning (FS)
b.    Forward Planning (MW)
c.    Environment (CA)
d.    Membership (PS)
e.    Health (HP)
f.     Highways (HC)
g.    Newsletter
6.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local  
7.    AOB
8.    DATES:  Next meeting will be held on Monday 3rdJuly (no June meeting) Open Gardens, Sunday 9th July

 

Notice of Annual General Meeting 3rd April 2017

Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at the Letherhead Institute, 67 High Street, Leatherhead on Monday 3rd April 2017, commencing at 730pm.
 
Agenda:
·                Apologies for Absence
·                Approval of the Minutes of the previous AGM, 4th April 2016
·                Matters Arising
·                Chairman’sReport
·                Ratification of the appointment as Directors of Messrs. Allen, Herrity, Sabine, Smith and                Williams.
·                Any other business
 
Documents relevant to the AGM, including the Chairman’s Report, the Report and Accounts for 2016 and a Proxy Form can all be found links on this notice or, in hard copy, at the Leatherhead Library in Mansion House on Church Street and in the library of the Letherhead Institute at the top of the High Street from 17thMarch.    If you are unable to access the documents by these means, please contact us and we will take action to ensure you are furnished with the information.
If you are unable to attend the Meeting and would like to appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf at the Meeting, please note that the Proxy form must be lodged with the Company Secretary before the start of the meeting.
Following the formal proceedings, we will have two speakers:  Jack Straw, Corporate Head of Service at Mole Valley District Council, who will speak on the formulation of the new Local Plan, and Lucy Quinnell who will speak on how we can achieve a “Litterless Leatherhead.”
We hope you will decide to attend and look forward to seeing you at the AGM on Monday, 3rdApril at 7.30.
Yours faithfully,
Caroline Brown
Chairman, For and on behalf of Leatherhead Residents’ Association CLG
P.S. If you have had this delivered to your door, it is because we have no (valid) email address for you.   If you could supply one, we would be most grateful.
 

 Contact via website  Registered Office: Oaklands, 54 Randalls Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 0AD 

A company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales number 10248803 

 

AGENDA for LRA Meeting 6th February 2017

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 6th FEBRUARY 2017
at 7.30PM in ROOM G6 of THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE
 AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?
1.    Introductions
2.    Apologies for absence
3.    Minutes of meeting held on 9th January 2017
4.    Matters arising from the meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda: Tesco’s “bags of help” initiative.
5.    Chairman’s Report (CB)
AGM speaker confirmed as Jack Straw on Local Plan
Consultation on SCC street light blackout cost cutting;
Community Housing Fund; 
Bus route 465 streamlining/cost cutting;
Website update;
Thanks for offers to help, highlighted by A&LL article
6.  Reports from sub-committees
Environment (CA) –  Spring clean 4th March; Open Gardens 9/7; Flooding
Forward Planning (MW) Sustainable development
Health (HP) Epsom & St Helier Hospital plans
Highways (HC) Farthings & Cycle Plan update
Membership (PS) Update on renewals
Planning (FS)   Farthings + QE2 impact on North Leatherhead
6.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local   Article on the River Mole Action Group
7.  AOB
8.  Next meeting, Monday 6th March 2017, will be Committee members only; AGM will be held on 3rd April in Abraham Dixon Hall
If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 9th January 2017
at 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6
 AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?

1.    Introductions of Committee Members
2.    Apologies for absence 
3.    Minutes of meeting held on 7th November 2016
4.    Matters arising from the meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda 
5.    Chairman’s Report (CB)
6.    Reports from sub-committees
a.    Environment (CA)
b.    Forward Planning (MW) 
c.    Health (HP)
d.    Highways (HC)  
e.    Membership (PS)
f.     Planning (FS)
g.    Newsletter (CA + JWW 
7.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local
8.    AOB – The Post-Holiday Social will take place following the meetin 
9.    Date of next meeting: Monday 6th February 2017

If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Reminder for LRA Christmas Lunch 22 December

 Dear LRA Member, Prospective Member or Friend
In case you’re thinking about attending our Christmas lunch, here’s the menu to tempt you to do just that. Send your food choices and a £5 deposit (cheques made out to Rialto) to Susan Leveritt, 54 Randalls Road, Leatherhead KT22 0AD – or the Institute Letter Box. There are 17 of us so far, and we’d love you to join us!
                                       Seasons Greetings from LRA Chairman  Caroline Brown
                                                                                                                     
Christmas Lunch Menu from
 Rialto Lounge, 24 High Street Leatherhead KT22 8AN
Ginger & Pumpkin Soup (V)
 Softly baked pumpkin soup with ginger, crunchy pumpkin seeds & croutons  
Wintery Christmas Salad (V)
 Organic baby rocket, pomegranate, walnuts, parmesan & balsamic dressing 
Smoked Salmon Bruschetta
Smoked Salmon with crème fraiche, dill & capers served on toasted bread
 Lamb Meatballs  
 Mini Lamb Meatballs in spicy tomato sauce served with garlic toast
   
Braised Scottish Beef with red wine, shallots & wild mushroom sauce
served with roast potatoes & winter vegetables
Salmon Fillet wrapped in smoked streaky bacon
with cranberry chutney, roast potatoes & wintervegetables
 Turkey Fillet with sage & onion stuffing in white wine gravy,
served with pigs in blankets, roast potatoes & winter vegetables  
Butternut Squash, grilled halloumi & rosemary risotto (V) 


                                                 Panettone Tiramisu
Two Scoops of Gelato
Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce
Stilton with fig chutney & crackers
 V– vegetarian  
Two Courses £17.50, Three Courses £20.00 (special prices)
£5 per person deposit due upon booking

All prices are inclusive of VAT. An optional 10% service charge will be added your total bill

AGENDA for Meeting 7 November 2016

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 7th November 2016 at 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6
 AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?
1.    Introductions
2.    Apologies for absence  SL
3.    Minutes of meeting held on 3rd October 2016
4.    Matters arising from the meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda 
5.    Chairman’s Report (CB)
6.    Reports from sub-committees
a.    Environment (CA)
b.    Forward Planning (MW) 
c.    Health (HP)
d.    Highways (HC)  
e.    Membership (PS)
f.     Planning (FS)
g.    Newsletter (CA + JWW
7.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local   
8.    AOB :
9.    Date of next meeting: Monday 9th January 2017
10. Guest speaker – Joe Crome, Councillor for North Leatherhead  
If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

AGENDA for Meeting 7 November 2016

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 7th November 2016 at 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6
 AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?
1.    Introductions
2.    Apologies for absence  SL
3.    Minutes of meeting held on 3rd October 2016
4.    Matters arising from the meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda 
5.    Chairman’s Report (CB)
6.    Reports from sub-committees
c.    Health (HP)
d.    Highways (HC)  
e.    Membership (PS)
f.    Planning(FS)
g.    Newsletter (CA + JWW
7.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local   
8.    AOB :
9.    Date of next meeting: Monday 9th January 2017
10. Guest speaker – Joe Crome, Councillor for North Leatherhead  
If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Draft Agenda for the Open Meeting on Monday, 3rd October at 7.30 in G6 in The Letherhead Institute

Draft Agenda for the Open Meeting on Monday, 3rd October at 7.30 in G6 in The Letherhead Institute.


(If members have any particular problems they wish the Association to discuss, please contact the Chairman, either via the Website or in person 15 minutes before the start of the meeting)


1. Apologies for absence
  
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 5thSeptember 2016

3. Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the Agenda

4. Chairman’s report.

5. Mr. Martyn Williams will present the latest stage of our incorporation to a C.L.G.

6. Brief reports from sub-committees:

a) Planning
b) Forward Planning – any further developments being planned by Transform Leatherhead
c) The Environmental sub-committee:  with Reports on Rye Brook “Love your River” event  and the SCC Community Resilience Conference.
e) Highways
f) Membership
Introduction of our Speaker for this evening, Mrs. Bridget Kendrick, Councillor for North Leatherhead.

The next meeting will be on Nov. 7 when Jo Crome, Councillor for N. Leatherhead will also be speaking to us.

Registered Office: Oaklands, 54 Randalls Road,  Leatherhead,  Surrey,  KT22 0AD

A company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales number 10248803

COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 5th September 2016 at 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6

DRAFT AGENDA
   Are there any questions to come under AOB?
1.    Apologies for absence
2.    Minutes of meeting held on 4th July 2016
3.    Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
4.   Chairman’s report: 
5. Report from MW on the progress of our CLG incorporation application
6. Reports from sub-committees
 a) Planning: (FS) Beechcroft/Era/Forty-foot Road
 b) Forward Planning (MW) Kingston House Gardens
 c) Environment (CA)
       d) Health (HP)
 e) Highways (HC) 
  f) Membership (PS)
  7. Newsletter 
88. AOB
99. Date of next meeting – Monday 3rd October, for which an invitation has been sent to Bridget Kendrick to speak about her objectives and goals as a Councillor for N. Leatherhead; Joe Crome will speak similarly at our November meeting.

If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

MW Report on Local Plan 28 6 16

LRA-FPG – Notes of a meeting held on Friday 10th June with Guy Davies of MVDC Planning Dept.
re the formulation of the Local Plan.
Present from FPG:          John Wilson and Martyn Williams.
Guy Davies is the co-ordinating officer for this exercise.
Guy is producing the Local Development Scheme. The principles to be adopted have changed since the last one. Previously the government (HMG) would accept that excess demand in one area could be diverted to other “growth” areas. Now each area has to meet its own demand for space. The only mitigating circumstances are where national planning policies make that difficult. In the case of MVDC that is likely to be the amount of land that is protected by the “Green Belt”.
The Process  (Target dates in brackets)
1.       MVDC are at the very start of the process, which is expected to take about two years.
2.       MVDC will call for owners of sites on ‘Brownfield Land’ (previously developed land) to offer them to be considered for development. (Summer 2016)
3.       MVDC will use outside consultants to prepare Spatial Strategy Options, i.e. to identify what the likely demand for space will be over the plan period (15 years). (Winter 2016/17)
4.       There will almost certainly be a deficit of available land relative to identified demand.  MVDC will then need to decide whether the deficit is justifiable to HMG or whether it needs to find more land. It is likely to be the latter.  If so MVDC will then call for other sites,  which might include change of use of existing buildings and release of low-grade “Green Belt” land. (Winter 2016/17)
5.       MVDC will then appraise all supply options to ascertain their feasibility.  The plan will then be formulated combining the likely demand where it can be met by supply and why the full demand cannot be met (if that is the case) because of national policies. (Summer 2017)
6.       The plan is then reviewed by an HMG appointed inspector. (Summer 2018).
7.       If approved it is then adopted. (Autumn 2018)
Comment
It is inevitable that much of proposed development will be in the north of the District as 2/3 of the District’s built up area is in the north in Leatherhead/Bookham/Fetcham/Ashtead and this was part of the existing Core Strategy.
HMG regulations dictate the minimum local consultation that any local authority must undertake, but it is open to any authority to do more.  MVDC are still deciding how much consultation and in what form, but were pleased with the “Transform” exercise and are likely to opt for more consultation rather than less and are likely to focus on social media to involve the younger elements of the population.
LRA is an acknowledged consultee and it and others will be advised in due course as to how we can become involved in the process.
LEPs have no involvement in the Local Plan formulation process.
Further Information
For further information on the Local Development Scheme click on this hyperlink: http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=29392.  To refer to the existing Core Strategy 2009 click on this hyperlink:   http://molevalley-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal/cs/cs_-_adopted_oct_2009/core_strategy_-_adopted_october_2009_1?pointId=906692

MW/JWW