Agenda for LRA Meeting on Monday 3 August 2015


          COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 3rd August 2015 AT 7.30PM IN ROOM G6 THE LEATHERHEAD INSTITUTE

AGENDA

            Are there any items to come under AOB?

  1. Apologies for absence
  2. Minutes of meeting held on 6 July 2015
  3. Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
    3(a) Reply from Howard Jones – to speak at October Meeting
    5 Reply from Sir Paul Beresford re Green Belt
  4. Correspondence
  5. Chairman’s Report
  6. Reports from sub-committees
      1. Jackie Lees Howe – litter announcement (CA)
      2. Leach Grove (TH)
    1. Forward Planning
      1. MVDC Postcards (JWW)
    2. Health
    3. Highways
    4. Membership & Publicity
      1. Logos (JWW)
      2. Notice Board (HP/TH)
      1. A Boards (FS/TH)
      2. Hague Investments Planning Application
  7. Newsletter
  8. Ashtead & Leatherhead Local
  9. AOB
  10. Date of next meeting: Monday 7 September 2015

If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Agenda for Meeting on Monday 6 July 2015

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION 
            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 6th July 2015 AT 7.30PM IN ROOM G6 THE LEATHERHEAD INSTITUTE
AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?
  1. Apologies for absence 
  2. Minutes of meeting held on 1 June 2015
  3. Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
  4. Correspondence
  5. Chairman’s Report
  6. Reports from sub-committees
    1. Forward Planning
    2. Health
    3. Highways
    4. Membership & Publicity
    5. Planning
  7. Newsletter
  8. Ashtead & Leatherhead Local
  9. AOB
  10. Date of next meeting: Monday 3 August 2015 
If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Surrey Police: Home Security

Unfortunately there has recently been a burglary in Leatherhead whereby a house window was left open overnight and the thief spotted an opportunity to take a handbag.

Therefore, I thought that this might be an appropriate time to remind everyone to ensure that all windows and doors are locked when you leave your house, even for just a couple of minutes.  Also, if you want to leave a window open overnight make sure it’s either a top opening window or a window that you can lock in place so that it cannot be opened any wider to allow a person to get through it.

Before you leave your home to go to work or go on holiday have a quick look around as a burglar would.  Is there anything that you can see from outside that might make your property attractive to burglars?  Do you have any ladders, or tools left out in the garden?  Have you locked all windows and doors and do you have a lock on any outbuildings such as sheds?  Also, when going away for any length of time perhaps let your neighbours know and ask them to call police on 101 if they notice or hear anything suspicious.  If a crime is witnessed please call 999.

We get very few burglaries in Mole Valley and with your help we can keep it that way.

Robert Apperley
12774@surrey.pnn.police.uk


Transform Leatherhead

The Masterplanners and Mole Valley Team for Transform Leatherhead will be out and about in Leatherhead in June, explaining their programme and consulting with residents about the issues and opportunities in the town centre.  Confirmed dates are as follows:

5 & 6 June       Taking a stall at the French and General Markets, meeting residents, handing out information postcards and invitations to take part in an opinion survey.


 11 June            Community Reference Group Meeting.


24 June            Community Reference Group Visioning Workshop.


26 & 27 June    Community Planning Weekend – taking a stand in the High Street; carrying    out Walk and Talk Tours;  organizing Workshops. In addition on 26 June they will talk to commuters at the railway station.


LRA Agenda 1 June 2015

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY  1 JUNE 2015 AT 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM

AGENDA

            Are there any questions to come under AOB?

  1. Apologies for absence
  2. Minutes of meeting held on 11 May 2015
  3. Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
  4. Correspondence
  5. Chairman’s Report
    1. Meeting with Yvonne Rees
    2. Meeting with BLEAF
  6. Reports from sub-committees
    1. Environment (see report)
    2. Forward Planning
    3. Health
    4. Highways
    5. Membership & Publicity
      1. Notice Board
      2. Help Shop
    6. Planning (see report)
  7. Newsletter
    1. Distribution/Road Stewards
  8. Ashtead & Leatherhead Local
  9. AOB
    1. Twitter
  10. Date of next meeting: Monday 6 July 2015 Room G6

If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Ave atque Vale!

Dear Readers,
 
This is to announce the death of Fulvius. The link below explains why the death occurred:
Fulvius’ Last Comment.
 
I fear that since the pseudonym has been compromised, my continued use of it could cause embarrassment to the LRA and, more especially, to my wife. I wish to avoid this and, therefore, Fulvius is no more.

Agenda for Committee Meeting 11 May 2015

 

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

 

COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 11 MAY AT 7.30PM AT
THE LEATHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6

 
AGENDA

 

 
Are there any questions to come under AOB?

 

1  Apologies for absence


2  Minutes of meeting held on 2 March 2015

3  Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda

    (a) 3a(i) New Logo
    (b) 3b    Reply from Nick Gray, MVDC Deputy Chief Executive, to HC’s letter
 
4  Chairman’s Report 

5  Reports from sub-committees

    (a)  Environment
    (b)  Forward Planning
    (c)  Health
    (d)  Membership & Publicity
    (e)  Planning 

6  Newsletter 

7  Ashtead & Leatherhead Local 

8  AOB 

   (a)  Membership Card Phone Number
   (b)   Road Reps
   (c)   Speakers 

9  Date of next meeting:  Monday 1 June 2015 Room G6

 
If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm.

 

 

 

 

 


Surrey Police: Mixed bag of thefts and sus vehicle on over-night shee

The following crime occurred in or near to your area. Can you please circulate the details if you think it will be of value.

Any suspicious incidents should be reported to the police on 101 quoting the Crime reference number as appropriate.

Mixed bag of thefts and sus vehicle on over-night sheet. Can you help us with any..if so call 101 and quote ref.
Ref: 45150030089
Location: Swan Centre Leatherhead
Date and Time. 13/04/2015 10:30
Theft of purse from shopping basket.
 http://www.surrey.police.uk/Keeping-Safe
Ref: 45150030100
Location: Dorking
Date and Time. 11/04/2015 14:00 – 15:00
Theft of valuables bag in football club changing room.
Ref: 45150030255
Location: Tyrrells Wood
Date and Time. 13/04/2015 20:03 -23:04
Attempted theft of York Stone patio.
SelectaDNA Grease is an invisible coded solution that has been specially designed to protect outdoor materials such as lead roofing and copper piping, slabs which are particularly vulnerable to theft. https://www.selectadna.co.uk/selectadna-grease
Ref: P15094320
Location: Chapel Lane Little Bookham
Date and Time. 13/04/2015 22:35
Suspicious Activity: 4×4 with a powerful search light travelling along the contour to the field / possible poaching.

Poaching (hunting or fishing) is illegal if: the game or fish is not in season; the perpetrator does not hold a license; the hunter used an illegal weapon for a particular animal; the animal or plant is on restricted land; the right to hunt a particular animal is claimed by someone else; the means used are illegal (e.g. baiting); or the animal or fish is protected by law or is an endangered species.


AGM – 13th April 2015 – 7:30pm

Leatherhead Residents’ Association

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 13 APRIL 2015 AT 7.30PM
AT THE ABRAHAM DIXON HALL, LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE

AGENDA

Tea and coffee will be served from 7pm-7.20pm

1.    Apologies for absence
2.    Minutes of the AGM meeting held on Monday 14 April 2014
3.    Matters Arising
4.    Chairman’s Annual Report
5    Treasurer’s Report & Statement of Accounts
6.    Appointment of Auditor
7.    Election of Officers
8.    Election of Secretary
9.    Re-election of Committee and election of new
      committee members (all nominations to be submitted
      to the Secretary no later than 3 days before the meeting)
10.   Increase in subscriptions to be approved
11.   Future meetings

There will be a short break before the Talk

Speakers:
Neil Clarke – Crime Prevention Officer
PC Matt Savage – New Leatherhead Town Officer
Subject:
Scam Scoundrels

Date of Next Committee Meeting:  Monday, 11th May, 7.30 in G6 of the Institute.
______________________________________________

REMEMBER: THERE IS THE ART EXHIBITION BASED ON "RUBBISH" IN THE FORMER "HELP SHOP7quot; (29 HIGH STREET).  IT WILL RUN ON THE 16th, 17th and 18th APRIL and again on 23rd, 24th and 25th APRIL from 10am till 5pm. UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF THEIR TEACHERS AND WITH FINANCIAL HELP FROM MVDC AND CPRE*, CHILDREN FROM OUR LOCAL SCHOOLS HAVE BEEN DESIGNING POSTERS AND PICTURES AIMED AT MAKING US ALL AWARE OF THE DAMAGE AND SHEER UGLINESS CAUSED BY THOUGHTLESS LITTER DROPPING.   COME AND ADMIRE THEIR EFFORTS!
 
FINALLY, THE DRAMA FESTIVAL COMMITTEE IS HOPING MANY PEOPLE WILL COME TO WATCH THE PERFORMANCES AND ALSO BE GENEROUS WHEN PURCHASING TICKETS AND/OR MAKING DONATIONS TO THIS TOTALLY UNSUPPORTED ARTISTIC EVENT. IT RUNS FROM APRIL 27th TO MAY 9th AND OFFERS A DIFFERENT PROGRAMME EVERY NIGHT.

*CAMPAIGN FOR THE PROTECTION OF RURAL ENGLAND.