- Due to major works by Southern Gas Networks replacing the gas main, from 6th August to 10th October there will be traffic management in Randalls Road with multi-way signals; see SCC website.
- Also in order that essential gas mains work to replace at risk iron pipe work, in Kingston Road from 6th August to 18th September, the road will be CLOSED from the junction of Dilston Road to the junction of Barnet Wood Lane in carriageway and footway, including the section over the rail bridge.
- Access to and from Cleeve Road will be unaffected.
- The road will be closed in a northerly direction from Barnett Wood Lane (heading towards B & Q and Tesco) with a diversion signed using the A243.
- The road will remain open in a southerly direction.
- It is intended to maintain access to the industrial units to the south of the rail bridge from the A245 Kingston Road during the period of the one way system.
Note: I have been given three different dates for the completion of the Kingston Road works; the one above is that given on the SCC website.
- At present I have been unable to find out how this will affect the bus services between Kingston Road and the Town.
- There is a new timetable for the 479 bus service; from 2nd September there will be a new evening service and Sunday two hourly service.