Notices

Agenda for LRA Meeting 7 December 2015

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON
MONDAY 7 DECEMBER 2015 AT 7.30PM AT
THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6

AGENDA

Are there any questions to come under AOB?

1 Apologies for absence

2 Minutes of meeting held on 2 November 2015
   a) 5ii) Leach Wood Grove – to be amended

3 Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda:
   a) Case for Change to LRA Structure (Report) MW
   b) Crossrail 2 (TH)

4 Chairman’s Report

5 Reports from sub-committees:
    a) Environment (Report) (CA)
    b) Forward Planning (Report) (JW)
    c) Health (PW)
        i) Surrey Downs CCG request to meet Resident Associations and to contribute to the LRA Newsletter. .
    d) Highways (Report) (HC)
        i) Church Street
    e) Membership & Publicity (CB)
    f)  Planning (Report) (FS)
6 Newsletter – copy to JW/CA by 12 January 2016 please
7 Ashtead & Leatherhead Local – contributions for 12 December 2015 & January 2016.

8  AOB:
     a) MVDC Infrastructure Consultation
     b) Leach Grove Wood (FS)
     c) January Social
9 Date of next meeting: Monday 4 January 2026 at Letherhead Institute, Room G6
   After a short business meeting, drinks and nibbles will be available for Road Stewards,Distributors and Members to meet socially.

If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Executive Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm.
 




LRA Agenda for Meeting Monday 2 November 2015 at 7.30pm

                                 LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION


EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 2 NOVEMBER 2015 AT
                      7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6 
                                                    
                                                        AGENDA
                                            
                             Are there any questions to come under AOB?


1.  Apologies for absence


2.  Minutes of meeting held on Monday 5 October 2015


3.  Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda


4.  Chairman’s Report
    
     (i) Companies Limited by Guarantee


5.  Reports from sub-committees:
    
    (a) Environment (CA)
    (b) Forward Planning (JWW)
    (c) Health (HP)
         (i) email from British Heart Foundation re free Public Access Defibrillators (PADs).
    (d) Highways (HC)
    (e) Membership & Publicity (HP)
         (i)   Website – to be brought forward to the New Year
         (ii )  New Membership Form
         (iii)  Flyer for canvassing new members
         (iv)  Location of Posters
    (g) Planning (FS)


6.  Newsletter: The next Newsletter will be coming out in February/March 2016.  Copy by end of January please.


7.  Ashtead & Leatherhead Local: Copy by 12 November for publication l December please.


8   AOB: (i) Sub-committee numbers (to be brought forward to a further meeting).


9.  Date of next meeting:  Monday 7 December 2015, Room G6 Letherhead Institute.
The Christmas Social will be brought forward to the January 2016 meeting.


If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm.



A Christmas Lunch

Christmas Lunch Party
 The LRA Committee is pleased to announce that a booking has been made for a Christmas Lunch to be held at the Rialto Lounge Restaurant & Wine Bar on Friday 4th December at 12.30.

This meeting will provide an opportunity for LRA members to celebrate the holiday and socialise with other members at more leisure than is typically afforded after the Monday meetings or following Litter Picks or other activities.    The local chapter of the CPRE is also booked at the Rialto for Friday 4th and it should be a jolly afternoon chatting to them as well.

The Rialto has been chosen as the venue not only because the packed menu has a modest price of £20 for 3 courses or £17.50 for two but also because of its strong support for our town activities like the Duck Race and raffle prizes.

The Menu is below.   To book your place, please, either put an envelope (with £5 deposit per person) into the LRA postbox in the Institute or send a letter to The LRA Christmas Meal Organiser, Oaklands, 54 Randalls Road, Leatherhead, KT22 0AD.    (NB 7 days notice required for menu choice ) 

LRA Agenda 29 September 2015

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
OPEN COMMITTEE MEETING
MONDAY 5TH OCTOBER 2015 AT 7.30PM
 AT THE ABRAHAM DIXON HALL, LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE

AGENDA

Are there any questions to come under AOB?

Introduction:  Cllr. Howard Jones will be speaking on Transform Leatherhead and devoting his talk to his new role as Executive Member for Town Centres with his personal view on how he sees Leatherhead evolving.  Cllr. Jones will be happy to take questions.   

              (There will then be a short break before the LRA business)

1.  Apologies for absence

2.  Minutes of meeting held on 7 September 2015

3.  Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda

4.  Chairman’s Report/Correspondence

5.  Reports from sub-committees:

     a) Environment
         (i) Leach Grove Wood
        (ii) Teazle Wood Charity Event
       (iii)  Clearance of cut down branches at station

     b)  Forward Planning

     c)  Health
           (i) Report from  SDCCG Governance Meeting 25 September
          (ii) Request from PPG

     d)  Highways
          (i) Exit from the Catholic Church car park on to Copthorne Road

     e)  Membership & Publicity
          (i) Changes to the web site to be b/f to November Meeting

     f)  Planning


     Reports will be linked to the Minutes on-line

6.  Newsletter – the next Newsletter will be coming out in February 2016.  Copy by end      
      of January please.

7.  Ashtead & Leatherhead Local – Article for next edition by 12 October.

8.  AOB (if previously notified)

9  Date of next meeting:  Monday 2 November 2015 Room G6 Letherhead Institute.


If Members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss under AOB or privately, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm..
      





LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATIONOPEN COMMITTEE MEETINGMONDAY 7th SEPTEMBER AT 7.30PM AT THE LEATHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6

  AGENDA

 Are there any questions to come under AOB?

1. Apologies for absence

2. Minutes of meeting held on 3 August 2015

3. Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
       (a) Paul Beresford – when to speak
       (b) St. John’s Avenue – flashing lights (TH),
       (c) New Parking Notices in Elm Road Car Park (TH)
       (d) Flip Cargill’s party on 25 September

4. Chairman’s Report

5. John Howarth to speak on Insurance.

6. Reports from sub-committees
  a. Environment – CA
       (i) reply from Network Rail re litter clearance,
      (ii) reply from Paul Anderson re grass verge letter sent by CA

  b. Forward Planning – JWW
      (i)JWW report on feedback from document sent to Master Planners
      (ii) Supplement to Forward Planning Report

  c. Health – HP

  d. Highways – HC
      (i)New Parking restrictions – HC to send in report

  e. Membership & Publicity – HP
     (i) Meeting with web master – new design b/f Oct. Meeting

  f. Planning (FS)
     (i)Church Street – details of conditions (HJ)
    (ii) Reply from Paul Anderson re car parking spaces in Church Street car park
    (iii) Parking at rear of Parish Hall

7. Newsletter

8. Ashtead & Leatherhead Local

9. AOB

10. Date of next meeting: Monday 5 October 2015 Abraham Dixon Hall

 If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Agenda for LRA Meeting on Monday 3 August 2015


          COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 3rd August 2015 AT 7.30PM IN ROOM G6 THE LEATHERHEAD INSTITUTE

AGENDA

            Are there any items to come under AOB?

  1. Apologies for absence
  2. Minutes of meeting held on 6 July 2015
  3. Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
    3(a) Reply from Howard Jones – to speak at October Meeting
    5 Reply from Sir Paul Beresford re Green Belt
  4. Correspondence
  5. Chairman’s Report
  6. Reports from sub-committees
      1. Jackie Lees Howe – litter announcement (CA)
      2. Leach Grove (TH)
    1. Forward Planning
      1. MVDC Postcards (JWW)
    2. Health
    3. Highways
    4. Membership & Publicity
      1. Logos (JWW)
      2. Notice Board (HP/TH)
      1. A Boards (FS/TH)
      2. Hague Investments Planning Application
  7. Newsletter
  8. Ashtead & Leatherhead Local
  9. AOB
  10. Date of next meeting: Monday 7 September 2015

If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Agenda for Meeting on Monday 6 July 2015

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION 
            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 6th July 2015 AT 7.30PM IN ROOM G6 THE LEATHERHEAD INSTITUTE
AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?
  1. Apologies for absence 
  2. Minutes of meeting held on 1 June 2015
  3. Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
  4. Correspondence
  5. Chairman’s Report
  6. Reports from sub-committees
    1. Forward Planning
    2. Health
    3. Highways
    4. Membership & Publicity
    5. Planning
  7. Newsletter
  8. Ashtead & Leatherhead Local
  9. AOB
  10. Date of next meeting: Monday 3 August 2015 
If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Surrey Police: Home Security

Unfortunately there has recently been a burglary in Leatherhead whereby a house window was left open overnight and the thief spotted an opportunity to take a handbag.

Therefore, I thought that this might be an appropriate time to remind everyone to ensure that all windows and doors are locked when you leave your house, even for just a couple of minutes.  Also, if you want to leave a window open overnight make sure it’s either a top opening window or a window that you can lock in place so that it cannot be opened any wider to allow a person to get through it.

Before you leave your home to go to work or go on holiday have a quick look around as a burglar would.  Is there anything that you can see from outside that might make your property attractive to burglars?  Do you have any ladders, or tools left out in the garden?  Have you locked all windows and doors and do you have a lock on any outbuildings such as sheds?  Also, when going away for any length of time perhaps let your neighbours know and ask them to call police on 101 if they notice or hear anything suspicious.  If a crime is witnessed please call 999.

We get very few burglaries in Mole Valley and with your help we can keep it that way.

Robert Apperley
12774@surrey.pnn.police.uk