The Leatherhead Residents' Association (LRA) seeks to conserve, foster and promote the enhancement and development of Leatherhead for the benefit of residents. It does this by providing a platform on which residents can express their views on issues affecting them, and by promoting activities that enhance community well-being.
The LRA is not party political and welcomes all local councillors to its meetings.
» Local Government: liaising with County and District Councils on major transport and development proposals
» Planning: supporting residents with representations on planning applications, where appropriate.
» Environment: promoting the conservation of open spaces, trees, footpaths and the Green Belt.
» Transport: promoting improvements to the Town's traffic management, parking and public transport.
» Health: advocating for the proper provision of health, social service and recreation facilities.
» Fundraising: organising The Open Gardens Day, Race Nights and Coffee Mornings with Plant Sales to raise funds for environmental improvements including planters in the High Street, anti- litter campaigns and the clearing of the River banks
» Community Support: liaising with and supporting local action groups (Fetcham/Leatherhead Flood Forum and Norbury Park Liaison Group)
» Membership is open to all residents of Leatherhead over the age of 18 years.
» Annual membership per household is only £2.50 or £6.00 for three years.
» Join now and help make a difference to life in Leatherhead
At 7.15 for 7.30 in the Leatherhead Methodist Church, Church Road
2. Minutes of the meeting on 6 Jan
3. Matters arising
4. Chairman’s Report including the Application to be classified as an Area of Community Value for the Poors Allotments in Barnett Wood Lane
5. Report on the Local Plan by Martyn Williams (7.50 to 8.20)
6. Questions on item 5. (8.20 to 8.35)
7. Presentation by Mr. Amraze Khan (Senior Engagement & Equality Manager for NHS East Surrey CCG and 3 other CCGs) of the pros and cons of siting the new Hospital in St. Helier, Epsom or Sutton. Please be sure to fill in the questionnaire that he will mention either online or by post. (8.35 to 9.05)
8. Questions on the above (9.05 to 9.20)
9. AOB and our next meeting will be on Monday April 6th.